The team at Expat Academy HQ have put their heads together to launch MyGMPD. With the aim to provide a professional development programme to help improve skills and specialist Global Mobility knowledge leading to accreditation and recognition.
Personally, I am really excited about this for the GM industry. Previously, as an in-house GM professional I never had the time to take on additional academic courses and obtain further qualifications. However, I did often attend industry events to keep up to speed on the latest legislative changes, learn more about best practice and understand more about technological changes that would affect my assignees. In addition, I read articles and briefings that came into my inbox from the various newsletters I signed up to in the hope to keep as up to date as possible.
However, when it came to PDP time and I had to write down the training I had undertaken, it was particularly hard to remember and provide detail, let alone measure the difference it made.
So, when we started talking about MyGMPD I thought this was a fantastic opportunity for Global Mobility professionals to get recognised for all they do on an ongoing basis.
Our soft launch, less than a month ago, has had an awesome positive response from the industry and we have been inundated with GM professionals signing up.
It is interesting to see that 57% of those that have signed up to date sight the reason for registering as obtaining ‘recognition for the continuous learning I undertake’. 58% said that MyGMPD was likely to form part of their PDP and the top three topics of interest were immigration, tax and relocation.
As to whether MyGMPD is right for you in your career, we have a massive range of industry experience signed up so far. 8% of those registered are in their first year of Global Mobility, 38% have between 1 and 5 years’ experience, 46% between 10 and 20 years’ experience and 8% have over 20 years’ experience.
So, for those that haven’t heard all about it yet, what is MyGMPD?
Well, whether you are starting out in your Global Mobility career or are a seasoned professional in the field, you are going to love it. Here’s how it works:
- There’s access to a professional development programme, relevant to you as a Global Mobility professional
- It’s FREE* for all licenced Expat Academy members
- We credit you with GMPD points for the learning you do as part of your day job
- It’s so simple and easy to use!
- You have a chance to gain accreditation and can use the letters GMPD after your name!
- This is the only place to receive your own Learning Coach!
- It helps others to recognise your GM expertise
- It helps YOU to enhance your career and develop your profile
- It adds gravitas to the Global Mobility function within your organisation
We’ve made the sign up easy too so why not click HERE to register and get learning.